Let Me Introduce Myself: The DIY Bride's Best Friend
I’ll be honest, I didn’t want to write this blog post. I have so much fun writing about DIY weddings so what the heck do I want to talk about myself for? But, It’s important you get to know me, especially as the DIY Bride’s Best Friend.
But first, a little back story:
If you were one of my (few) followers about a year ago, when I first created an Instagram and Facebook for Milestone Occasions by Yesenia Adams, you’ll remember that I shared a post with a similar title: “Let me Introduce Myself”. I thought I was so clever. However, I had no idea who I was! I didn’t know what kind of event planner I wanted to be, or how I should really introduce myself to the world. After lots of branding and marketing workshops, self-reflection and prayer, It finally clicked! DUH! What have all of my amazing bride’s had in common? What am I really good at!? Answer: Do It yourself projects and organized weddings.
I’ve always known my heart was in wedding planning and working with brides, but I never had a clear picture of my bride or of myself in relation to her. I thought I was supposed to be one of those boutique wedding planners whose main focus should be planning the most expensive, most trendy and luxurious weddings. That’s not me! I won't’ lie, I love a big budget and would jump at the opportunity to plan a luxury wedding, but that’s not who I’m here for. I’m here for the REAL bride, the one who's been working her butt off to save money for her wedding and future, the one who's not afraid to get her hands dirty . . . or burnt with hot glue. I’m here for the bride who wants a wedding day that she’ll never forget, to enjoy the special day with her new husband, family, and friends, but knows that an awesome wedding doesn’t have to break the bank. I was that bride! I organized and planned, and DIYed just about everything I could for my wedding day. It was hard! I had blisters and hand cramps. I saved so much money but spent so much time and energy trying to get and stay organized. As much as I didn’t want to admit it, I needed help that last month and last few days. Because of my experience as a bride as well as a wedding planner, I’ve come to know where the DIY Bride’s head and heart are. I know what the DIY bride needs, and I’m here for her. I’m here to make sure that she and her fiance have a chance to savor their engagement and to really enjoy their big day without being distracted by the behind-the-scenes drama.
This is where I introduce myself:
Hi! I am the DIY Brides Best Friend. I’m here to give you and your fiance the guidance you need. I’m here to provide you with the tools to be a successful DIY Bride and plan your own wedding. I’m here to help you save time and money so that you can truly enjoy your engagement journey and take in all of the amazing moments of your wedding day. (this is where I smile and shake your hand) I can’t wait to work with you.
Now, 10 fun facts about me:
1. Favorite Food: Cheese! I can't pass up the cheese isle at Trader Joes without grabbing a few things. I believe, strongly, that any day can be made better with a great cheeseboard.
2. My First Car: A silver, 1989, Isuzu Rodeo - stick shift, no a.c., smelled like old french fries from my dad’s catering days. But I loved the memories I made and the freedom it gave me!
3. My Babies: Nope, no kids yet. But I’ve got two fur babies: Bobo the Dog and Rocko the cat (the cat’s name is actually spelled with a backward k written in red crayon according to my husband.)
4. Hidden Talents: Packing a car really tightly and with impeccable organization and not being squeamish around blood or wounds (trust me it comes in handy at times).
5. My Hobbies: painting, yoga, making custom Minnie/Mickey mouse ears (no, I don’t sell them on Etsy yet), and watching Disney movies while drinking red wine.
6. My Guilty Pleasure: listening to Christmas music in the summer - I’m convinced it will help me cool off.
7. Some Things From my Bucket List: Become a mother, run a successful event planning business, have a summer home in Tahoe, and meet Hillary Duff in person
(without letting my inner 13-year-old burst out in awkward happy tears when I finally do meet her).
8. Things I’m Afraid of: the dark, spiders, and being alone . . . in the dark . . . because that’s where spiders like to hang out.
9. My favorite Article of Clothing: These Simply Vera Wang jeans that I found in the thrift store that fit me to perfection! I plan on giving them a proper burial when the fabric on the inner thighs finally get worn out #chubbythighprobelms
10. My Hero: Jesus Christ (can I get an “AMEN”?)
Thank you for letting me introduce myself, this looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship!
Your Wedding Planning BFF